Workshop on Mobility in the Evolving Internet Architecture to be held in conjunction with MobiCom 2022
Sydney, Australia, 21st Oct, 2022
[June 21th] Due to the travel restrictions still in effect in some countries, we are exploring ways to make a hybrid option available for presenters or participants unable to attend in person. Accordingly, we encourage submissions regardless of your ability to attend the Workshop in person.
Call for Papers
ACM MobiArch has advanced to its 17th anniversary as one consolidated tradition for bringing together an important number of researchers and industry players working in different aspects of mobile communication technologies and mobile network architectures. The workshop will continue to serve as a forum for discussing recent research trends and future directions gathered around all aspects of mobile communication technologies and mobile Internet architectures, such as system and radio access challenges that have to be faced to implement reliable, optimized, and scalable mobile networked systems.
The workshop will also facilitate discussion of key unresolved challenges and emerging issues in high-frequency radio access techniques (including 5G mmWave, Wi-Fi, and terahertz communications), mobile network architectures (vehicle networks, wearables, and IoT), security aspects of mobile communications, machine learning and AI applications to wireless communications, network disaggregation, slicing, and Network Function Virtualization, as well as key challenges facing the wireless networking of the future.
The workshop solicits original, previously unpublished submissions covering network architectural issues and system design challenges for mobility in the evolving mobile Internet.
Topics of Interest
Key research topics include but are not limited to:
- Effects of COVID-19 Pandemic on mobile network architecture
- Mobile computing and networking architectures in 5G-and-beyond
- Software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV)
- Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC) and Mobile Edge Computing (MEC)
- mmWave and Terahertz wireless communications
- Acoustic and visible-light communications
- Connected autonomous vehicles
- IoT and smart cities
- Machine to Machine (M2M) communications
- Location management and positioning
- Field trials, deployment and evaluation of innovative mobile Internet architectures
- Blockchain for mobile networks
- Machine Learning and AI for mobile networks
- Security and privacy for mobile networks
- Deadline for submissions: 7th July, 2022
- Notification of acceptance: 7th August, 2022
- Camera-ready version due: 31st August, 2022
- MobiArch Workshop Date: 21st October, 2022